[syslinux] tftp-hpa 5.2 testing & checking the setup

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Jun 28 00:01:19 PDT 2014

Op 2014-06-28 om 05:34 schreef Paolo Rivetti:
> I sure did check the firewall and selinux as well. As an extreme
> testing major, they are both turned off.
>
> $ systemctl status firewalld
> firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
>   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; disabled)
>   Active: inactive (dead)

I'm not familar with `systemctl status firewalld`, could the output of

   iptables -L

be posted here?  That request is based on the assumption that
behind "systemd firewall" is actual `iptables`

> $ sestatus
> SELinux status: disabled
>
> Actually, now tftp transfers are denied
> $ tftp 127.0.0.1

Tests on localhost don't include going through a firewall ...

> tftp> get test
> Error code 0: Permission denied

I would check with `get pxelinux.0` or another file that the TFTP server
should have. And make that check return a succes, at least return
a message like "file not found". Surely not "Permission denied".

> How can I monitor in real time, or check logs of tftp service and
> socket and xinetd?

See http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-August/020777.html

Use it also as an example why it is good to reply below the text.
At least enjoy that you can read in discussion order the question
and the answers.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--