[syslinux] Syslinux EFI + TFTPBOOT Support

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 13:34:11 PST 2014

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Bryan Romine <bromine1027 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm convinced that my Syslinux install may be broken with all the hacking
> around and testing I have been doing. If I were to install fresh from the
> syslinux-6.03-pre7 archive, what would I need to do. I do not see any
> documentation on installation other than "make installer" in
> docs/building.txt.

EFI* is very different.  You only copy files around (just like
PXELINUX use).  No make should be needed at all.

> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Bryan Romine <bromine1027 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, this is an AMD reference platform that is not available in retail. I
>> did try a Fujitsu tablet which is UEFI only and I get the same error. Here
>> is the tablet I am using:
>> http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/pc/notebooks-tablets/advanced/stylistic-q572/

This sounds like the AMD system won't be so nice to deal with however
you should check what EFI type it truly is.

The tablet sounds a bit more encouraging.  The AMD Z60 CPU sounds like
a likely system that would have EFI32 services on an x86-64 CPU.

If anyone knows a way to tell this information, it'd be nice to hear.

--
-Gene

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text,
Q: Why is Top-posting such a bad thing?