[syslinux] Very slow download with pxelinux > 4.07 on specific hardware

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Mon Mar 10 15:52:08 PDT 2014

​Hi,​

On 10 March 2014 18:13, Eric PEYREMORTE <eric.peyremorte at iut-valence.fr>wrote:

> Ok i give up. I will stick with the old version version (4.07) which works
> well with dell 380 and 790.
>
> I tried to understand what happened between 4.07 and 5 but i don't have
> the skill to understand low level c.
>
> Seems that the memory management changed a lot, maybe the culprit. But as
> many other things changed this is not obvious...

​sad to say, we have exactly the same problem. With HTTP downloads it is
much worse, we could not find a stable and reliable version after 4.x.
Sadly nobody wanted to fix our syslinux problem, even as paid development.

I very much hope that the syslinux project will overcome these obstacles.
It would be sad to see all the new development stay unused because if this.

Regards,
Schlomo