[syslinux] syslinux.efi [PXELINUX EFI 64 boot] not properly TFTP'ing ldlinux.e64

Spike White spikewhitetx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:00:31 PDT 2014

Gene and co,

Now my pxelinux efi 64 boot is properly loading syslinux.efi  (via TFTP)

It then issues a TFTP file request for efi.x64/pxelinux.cfg/ldlinux.e64.

(All my efi x64 content is under efi.x64/pxelinux.cfg).

However, I see that it fails to properly negotiate the TFTP options with my
TFTP server.  so it never transfers ldlinux.e64 over.

In its file request packet, it asks for these TFTP options set (from TFTPd
server).  tsize 0 and blksize 1408.

What seems to confuse it is that it gets back both acknowledgements in the
same TFTP option acknowledgement packet.  That is, the TFTP server's option
acknowledgement packet has tsize option acknowledgement (tsize = 145744)
and also blksize option acknowledgement (blksize = 1408).

In reading the archives, I see Gene recommends the atftpd TFTP server.  So
I de-installed tftpd-hpa and installed aftpd.  No difference.  I verify on
cmd line via tftp client  that this file exists and I pull it (via TFTP).
No problem.

BTW, the client's EFI boot code has a similiar problem w/ a combo TFTP
 tsize/blksize option ack packet.  But I picks up the "tsize" response,
issues another read request, with only blksize option requested.  then it
gets back an option ack packet w/ only blksize.  So then it goes on.

I'm using 6.0.3-pre6.

Spike