[syslinux] Very slow download with pxelinux > 4.07 on specific hardware

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:27:24 PDT 2014

> Le 11/03/2014 10:32, Eric PEYREMORTE a écrit :
> Some news here. I didn't test with 5.01 yet (didn't see that one sorry).
> With 5.01 i don't have any problem. Problems begin with 5.10.
> --
> Eric PEYREMORTE

Hello Eric:

To sum up your report:
_ 4.0x works;
_ 4.10-pre22 (lwip branch) works;
_ 5.01 (elflink branch) works;
_ 5.10 (lwip merge into elflink) fails;

I wonder if testing 6.03-pre5 (which is *not* the latest) pre-built
binaries (look under the bios/ directory) would work OK for you.

If you happen to test it, please remember to use the pre-built
binaries already included in the official archive (as oppose to
rebuilding them, which could introduce undesirable interactions), and
to use all c32 files from the same 6.03-pre5 version (instead of
mixing files from different versions), specially including
ldlinux.c32, all lib*.c32 and all the rest of c32 modules (from the
same archive from which you take pxelinux.0, under some subdiretory
under "bios/").

TIA,
Ady.