[syslinux] Syslinux 6.03-pre7: EFI64 broken (Gene Cumm)

Spike White spikewhitetx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 07:21:15 PDT 2014

Still interested in pre-compiled binaries for 6.03-pre6.

But my comment about 6.02 TFTP brokenness may speak more to my lack of
understanding of the TFTP protocol than to any pxelinux 6.02 code problems.

It seems that when TFTP sends an OACK back to syslinux.efi, it sends it
from another port than 69.  So, it seems to be opening a data connection
back to the TFTP client off an ephemeral port.  Very similar to what FTP
does, using the FTP DATA port to send back data.

I did not understand that.  Based on that, it's natural for pxelinux's TFTP
code to send the ACK back to this high port that sent it the OACK packet.

The TFTP load of ldlinux.e64 by syslinux.efi is still failing, but not for
the naive reason I surmised.

Spike