[syslinux] Still interested in pre-compiled binaries for 6.03-pre6

Spike White spikewhitetx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:50:49 PDT 2014

Most excellent!  The pre-compiled syslinux6.03-pre6 binaries work great!

I'm able to load syslinux.efi and all necessary support libs. I get my
expected syslinux boot menu.

I've used syslinux 5 / vesamenu for yrs (Legacy PXE boots).  So
I know my way around from here.

Thanks Gene & Feri.

And thanks Peter, for making me feel better -- it's the TFTP protocol
that's bizarre, I wasn't going crazy.

I'm curious. How the heck does one debug this?!?  My screen was stuck on:

   My IP is 192.168.0.52

when using 6.02 pre-compiled binaries.  Wireshark was some help, not a ton.

In efimain(), I could do a
   Print(L"debugging printf");

and it would show on screen.  But in any subroutine, the EFI API wasn't
in scope, so couldn't do a Print(L...).  I saw dprintf and ddprintf peppered
throughout.  I saw mk/develop.mk in 6.03-pre6 had some compile flags that
looked
like it should turn those dprintf's on, but I never saw it.

Spike

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/6.03/syslinux-6.03-pre6.tar.xz