[syslinux] unable to make USB-ZIP using rufus_v1.4.5

Pete Batard pete at akeo.ie
Mon Mar 17 06:46:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 2014.03.16 03:12, Prof S W Damle wrote:
> (ii)Create bootable disk using: MS-DOS

This setting indicates that what you did had nothing to do with Syslinux
(Rufus does NOT use Syslinux to boot into MS-DOS), so I'm not sure why
you are posting to the Syslinux mailing-list. If you have an issue with
an application, please try to contact the author of that application first.

For what is worth, Rufus does provide ample contact information with
regards to reporting issues (either directly to me, or by opening a
github issue, as documented in the "About" dialog), so make sure you try
to use that first.

Now, I'm not seeing anything wrong with MS-DOS boot in Rufus 1.4.5, so
can you please send the complete log of the USB flash drive creation
using Rufus 1.3.1 and Rufus 1.4.5 to my e-mail address (pete at akeo.ie),
so that I take a look. There's a fairly prominent "Log" button on the
application just for that.

Also when you say that you were "unable to make USB-ZIP", what does it
mean? Did Rufus fail to create the USB drive and return an error (and if
so, what was it?) or did that USB drive fail to boot? And what is the
type of your UBS-ZIP (manufacturer/model)?

Remember that more *comprehensive* information you provide, the easier
it will be to help you out.

Regards,

/Pete