[syslinux] Any ETA on syslinx 6.03 GA?

Spike White spikewhitetx at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:36:34 PDT 2014

All,

To me, 6.03 is looking good.   Really good!!

I'm doing a presentation for a local Linux Fest, about building a lab PXE
server.  One topic is the new native support in pxelinux for UEFI-based PXE.

As you know, previously you had to use the hybrid approach of using
pxelinux.0 for BIOS boot and grub2 for UEFI boot.  So you had to maintain
two different boot menus with slightly different syntaxes.

W/ pxelinux native support, maybe you still choose to maintain two
different boot menus.  But at least the syntax is the same.

Anyway, not a big deal -- but any guesstimate as to when syslinux-6.03 GA
will be available?

I'm using 6.03-pre3 I believe, works great.  But I know most support orgs
prefer GA versions.

Spike