[syslinux] "EDD Load error" on btrfs, how to debug?

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Mon May 19 21:33:48 PDT 2014

Hi

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 19, 2014 5:17 PM, "Anatol Pomozov" <anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Besides syslinux itself other things has changed e.g. gcc (but I
>> really hope my problem not because of compiler).
>
> This alone can be the trigger.This might be a starting point: build 6.02
> with your current toolchain.

I built 6.02 with the current toolchain in a clean chroot environment
(i.e. no local modifications) and it works fine. Then I built
6.03-pre1 6.03-pre9 6.03-pre11 and all 6.03 fail with "EDD Load
error".

> Size problem again?
Where I can read more about this problem? How to check that my
binary/system is affected by the problem?