[syslinux] No thanks for breaking third-party applications

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Thu Nov 6 06:23:49 PST 2014

Hi *,

I was just debugging why TFTP booting did not work any more
on a system that had pxelinux.0 was updated.

“Since version 5.00, support for 16-bit COMBOOT modules has been
dropped, and c32 modules switched from the COM32 object format to ELF.”

Ugh. Well, updating the *.c32 files was enough to make the
Linux discless thingy work again. BUT!

The MirBSD bootloader actually took advantage of COMBOOT to
provide access to SYSLINUX storage and other things. It was
integrating nicely. Why did you take this away? I’m not amused.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
	-- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general