[syslinux] Can't UEFI boot PXELinux on WDS server

Aaron Hancock aaron.hancock at venafi.com
Thu Nov 6 17:26:23 PST 2014

DHCP seems to be working properly - returning the correct boot file for the
architecture of the PXE client, but when I try to boot syslinux.efi, it gets
the file then keeps requesting ldinux.e64 over and over again.  The file is
there and available.  A wireshark trace shows it keeps requesting the file,
followed by the server responding to the blksize and tsize options, but then
the client just continues requesting the file.   After a few dozen failed
attempts it then tries to get the boot\x64\/boot/isolinux/ldlinex.e64 file
for a few dozen more tries.

Is it possible this is a timing issue?  The TFTP server is running on a 10G
NIC so it may be responding faster than expected?  I did see the file
downloaded properly once so this is the only thing I can think of.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Aaron