[syslinux] iPXE chain to lpxelinux.0 6.03 inconsistencies and failures

Alexander Perlis aperlis at math.lsu.edu
Sat Nov 15 12:22:03 PST 2014

On 15 Nov 2014 05:06:52 +0200, Ady wrote:

> I would start by updating the BIOS.

Prudent advice. As it turns out, I'm already at the latest version.

On 15 Nov 2014 07:31:27 +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:

> And would reduce 'iPXE => pxe.0 => lpxelinux.0 => "vmlinux"'
> into 'iPXE => "vmlinux"'

That makes sense generally, but at the moment doesn't make sense for my
particular circumstance.

I should clarify: I do not seek a workaround that eliminates iPXE or
eliminates lpxelinux.0; instead, since I have a test combination that
exposes a bug somewhere in iPXE or lpxelinux.0 (or both), I'd like to
use this opportunity to assist the developers in getting that fixed.

Any iPXE or lpxelinux.0 developers who want to make the code more
robust? What can I do to isolate the bug?

Thanks all,
Alex