[syslinux] Sysylinux-6.03 freezes at Loading kernel..., works smooth with 4.06 via SD-CARD

Michael Kasprowicz booomerangg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 05:50:36 PST 2014

Hi,
In the Bios folder inside mbr, there are different types of mbr_c.bin
mbr_f.bin as well as mbr.bin, is there a description available which tells
which mbr is to be used in which case? please point me to the description
or kindly explain.

while installing syslinux on my device (usb, sd-card) i can use the
arguments '-H' and '-S' to specify heads and sectors, these should be the
values which i get from my USB/SD-card ?
What should happen if I do not specify these values?

Thanks in advance.