[syslinux] Syslinux 6.03 released

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 04:54:49 PST 2014

> >> I don't know.  Eric Sandeen at Red Hat was working on it last I heard.
> >>
> >>    -hpa
> >>
> > Aware of it, haven't worked on it yet, will try to get to it soon... Unless Lukas has had a chance?
>
> Any update on this?
>
> --
> -Gene

I am sure Gene is hoping for hpa to answer.

In the meantime, and just a FWIW and FYI, the original "high-priority"
reason to add 64-bit support for ext4 in Syslinux is no longer
relevant. I don't mean that such 64-bit support should not be added,
but it is not as a "high-priority" as it used to be.

Anyway, it would be nice to see some movement. Old pending-review
patches are still pending (some, more than a year), several new patches
are being sent, while git zytor is still partially crippled. To give an
indication of the lack of available resources, the #syslinux irc topic
has not been updated since before the final release of 6.03.

I hope to see more improvements (patches sent, patches applied, known
issues solved, regressions solved, more active-developers...). The
Syslinux Project is not dead, just slightly comatose.

Regards,
Ady.