[syslinux] http slow transfer

חץ בן חמו hetz at benhamo.org
Sat Nov 29 06:49:18 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm using PXELinux latest (6.03) and I encountered a very strange issue.

I've converted a CentOS Live ISO to PXE, and I'm using lpxelinux.0 to boot
it.
Without any HTTP method in the lines, the files are transferring without
any problems, but as soon as I use http, all the transferring action is
super slow - 5-8 times slower compared to stanard TFTP/UDP transfer (with
the same lpxelinux.0)

Here are the lines from my pxelinux.cfg/default file:

label centos-live
kernel http://pxe/nas/cent7live/boot/vmlinuz0
append rootflags=loop initrd=http://pxe/nas/cent7live/boot/initrd0.img
root=live:/CentOS-7-livecd-KDE-x86_64.iso rootfstype=auto ro
rd.live.image rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0 vga=0x338

I tried with IP's instead of host names, same thing (the DHCP requests
gets IP and DNS without any problem). HTTP server is Apache, PXE
server is CentOS 6.6.

Any suggestions?