[syslinux] http slow transfer

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Sat Nov 29 09:20:49 PST 2014

חץ בן חמו <hetz at benhamo.org> writes:

> I've converted a CentOS Live ISO to PXE, and I'm using lpxelinux.0 to boot
> it.
> Without any HTTP method in the lines, the files are transferring without
> any problems, but as soon as I use http, all the transferring action is
> super slow - 5-8 times slower compared to stanard TFTP/UDP transfer (with
> the same lpxelinux.0)

I don't know much about lpxelinux technology, so I can't help you, but
usually the first step is taking a packet capture, see
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Debugging.  Looking into the dump
may provide clues.  The other thing is trying pxelinux.0 atop iPXE with
HTTP support (in the simplest case booted from some local device).
Feri.