[syslinux] Syslinux 6.03 released, 6.04

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:20:04 PDT 2014

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:27:02PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > On 10/17/2014 09:19 AM, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> > > you may want to release 6.04
> > > in less than ten days, so that Daniel has a chance to package it up for
> > > Debian jessie
> >
> > i would need to upload it saturday next week at latest (2015-10-25),
> > anything after that will not make it.
>
> Where this mostly a reminder for the Debian release,
> is it also reminder on the pull request for the updated Lua.
>

> Groeten
> Geert Stappers
> --

There seems to be no point on releasing anything new (much less a new
"stable" release) in the near future.

In fact, v.6.03 was released by request (before the Debian freeze)
and not because all the important known issues were actually solved
(as they are not). If additional patches were expected to be on-time,
then there would have been no point on releasing 6.03 already.

Considering that there is currently nobody working on development,
the lack of relevant support from Linux distributions and
organizations, and the massive amount of FUD and misinformation that
have been posted / published about Syslinux in the last few months, I
can only _hope_ that more development could actually be contributed
(either by current developers or by additional ones).

Regards,
Ady.