[syslinux] About feature request

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue Sep 23 21:12:39 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 04:14:25PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
         <snip/>

> Would be easy enough to implement, something equivalent to MENU COLOR.
> So if someone wants a project...

That request for code contribution has a really bad timing.

It was sent after
 http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2014-September/022649.html
where is asked for feedback on
 http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2014-September/022644.html
They are about the removal of '#DEFINE _BSD_SOURCE'

I can't tell how good the patch is. I do see that it is ignored.
And I see the above "patches welcome".  That conflicts.

I'm aware of "no time untill october" from 1 committer.
But this project has meanwhile more committers.

Please avoid further discussion, just apply provided patches,
or tell why they are rejected.

Anyway: Stop ignoring patches sent to the mailinglist.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven