[syslinux] localboot.lua: a lua.c32 script that uses DMI data to decide between localboot/chainloading

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Sep 25 05:06:41 PDT 2014

Martin von Wittich <martin.von.wittich at iserv.eu> writes:

> To solve this issue, we have written a Lua script that uses the DMI data
> of the computer to decide whether it should be booted with LOCALBOOT or
> chain.c32.

Cool!  Please note that the DMI table representation was changed by
http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commit;h=ecd6e3b53d17b7fa9cdb0a4d674754238ab1855a
to use nested tables, so sm = dmitable.system.manufacturer etc.  Also,
modules must be required explicitly, like dmi = require "dmi" and
syslinux = require "syslinux" in the newest versions.
Feri.