[syslinux] Determine from which device syslinux booted from

Don Cupp doncuppjr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 16:42:56 PDT 2014

Then again, I suppose you could have a script in your init that detects when it has been booted from a *special* UUID. In such cases it goes to the first instance of a volume with that *special* UUID and re-writes it to a genuine UUID, as well as updates the syslinux configs on the volume. You could then create your seed image with that *special* UUID and then even an XP user could write it to a thumb drive with DiskImage.