[syslinux] Is efiboot.img required?

piranna at gmail.com piranna at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 04:37:52 PDT 2015

> Would it be desirable to explain how Fedora et.al.
> created their FAT boot images by help of old or new
> GRUB ?
> (If developers of EFI bootable ISOs are reading this,
>  please give a short sketch of the procedure.)

I did it by including the Linux kernel and the initramfs, but that's
sub-optimal since I need to have them in two places. That's why I
asked about re-using the same MBR entry so no need for an EFI image,
or have a basic minimal one capable of piggy-back the real one that
could be included in IsoLinux (or isoHybrid) source code.

>> > (iso9660 can be seen as a read-only FAT filesystem)?
>
> The meta-data structures of ISO 9660 are different from
> FAT.

Oh, you are right, that's enought for being incompatible, sorry :-(

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux