[syslinux] PXE and Variables ..

Bob Davis bob.davis at wibble.net.nz
Mon Apr 20 09:25:45 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your time having a quick look at this ..

I am trying to produce a standard PXE menu to go around various offices,
currently i have just given every PXE server the same name on the local
domain,
pxeserver.london pxeserver.new-york etc etc  however I would prefer to do
this by either deriving it from the local $hostname value or by reading a
configuration file.

so for example this line :

append  initrd=centos/initrd.img method=http://<<some_variable>>/distro
ks=http://<<some_variable>>/kickstart/test.cfg devfs=nomount ip=dhcp

the kickstart and the distros are on the local pxe server as well ..

Is the only way to have a different file for each location ?? I have
goggled the hell out of this and found no solutions.. perhaps i am goggle
blind ..

~// Bob