[syslinux] TFTP progress indicator

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Fri Apr 24 03:11:37 PDT 2015

Some observations/thoughts...  as I originally asked this question and have been
meaning to look at the code with a view to contributing something.

TFTP is not the only transport mechanism now, we also have http via lpxelinux.0
although I don't know how the code is organised.  I am definitely using http
transfer now for large images in my setup, it is so so much quicker!

Not all TFTP servers (as I understand it) will give out the size of the file being
fetched, so in cases where it does you can calculate a percentage but in cases
where you don't know, you'd have to print progress per some arbitrary amount
of blocks/bytes/whatever.

-Paul-