[syslinux] change SERIAL baudrate as-needed?

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:24:04 PDT 2015

> Gene Cumm via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> writes:
>
> > I can't find any way to force menu.c32 to perform a screen redraw.
>
> Did you try Ctrl-L?
> --
> Feri.

[Ctrl-L] would be a manual task.

In a msg / DISPLAY file, we also have its equivalent, ASCII-12.

The MENU CLEAR directive should redraw the screen too, when exiting the
menu.

Some of these methods are not working correctly in v.6.03 under certain
circumstances, but my point is, there should be methods available (in
theory at least).

Instead of using the UI directive, the 'DEFAULT menu.c32' could be
used. With a combination of:

SAY
ONERROR
DISPLAY (with ASCII-12)
F1-F12
MENU CLEAR
TIMEOUT

the output (screen) should be refreshed. Am I wrong?

Additionally, not using menu.c32 is also an alternative, especially
when using an intermediate cfg file just for changing the SERIAL
parameters, before automatically loading a third cfg file, which may
use menu.c32 again. Or, 2 cfg files with SERIAL parameters, and 1 cfg
file with the "labels" content would also be a possibility, if I am
understanding correctly.

Regards,
Ady.