[syslinux] EFI: HP + syslinux = crash

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 15:24:47 PDT 2015

 >> OK your HP has 4 NICs
 >>
 >> DevicePath(0x0,0x0)/MAC(ECB1D775E524,0x0)
 >> DevicePath(0x0,0x1)/MAC(ECB1D775E525,0x0))
 >> DevicePath(0x0,0x2)/MAC(ECB1D775E526,0x0))
 >> DevicePath(0x0,0x3)/MAC(ECB1D775E527,0x0))

 According to HP it's actually one nic with four ports. I cannot disable
 them individually.
 <<<

I see. From an EFI point of view you have 4 NICs

 > git://git.zytor.com/users/genec/syslinux.git
 > git://github.com/geneC/syslinux.git
 >
 > Commit e466d24 on branch efi-multinic
 >[...]
 > Oscar, I'd love to hear your feedback on this commit.  If it still
 > fails with the General Protection Exception, I'd like to try sending
 > you some binaries, just to rule out your build system.

 Can you please send me the binaries as I still have no luck. Still I get
 random Exceptions or reboots shortly after displaying 'My IP is...'.

 However(!) I did see attempts at loading ldlinux.e64 and more in the logs.
<<<

Please try Gene binaries; if you see attempts to load ldlinux.e64
then the multi-nic issue seems to be solved.
I have seen problems similar to the one you describe now when
I was building under Ubuntu, since I moved to Debian 7 problems stopped.

Best,
Patrick