[syslinux] EFI: HP + syslinux = crash

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 07:39:36 PDT 2015

 > On 05-08-15 12:05, Gene Cumm wrote:
 >>
 >>  > I recompiled with this in mk/devel.mk <http://devel.mk>:
 >>  >  GCCWARN += -DDEBUG_PORT=0x2f8 -DCORE_DEBUG=1
 >>
 >> 0x2f8 is a BIOSism.

 > Is this a problem? The
 example in the comments said 0x3f8 which is COM1.

 It means that a BIOS IO port for a UART won't work for EFI.  No value
 for DEBUG_PORT will do anything unless someone's got some translation
 "glue" to take the attempts to open the UART and use an EFI handle
 instead.
 --
 -Gene
<<<

Weird as it sounds I was able to send debug info to COM2
(redirected to a pipe) on EFI64 VMware workstation clients.
I got the debug messages on a terminal emulator pointing
to the pipe. It does work.

Best
Patrick