[syslinux] EFI: HP + syslinux = crash

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 07:59:44 PDT 2015

 That's weird, since enabling this finally got me some debugging output  from
 dprintf(). I think I'm being lucky here! HP apparently provides the  necessary glue.

 What would be the correct way
 to enable debugging under EFI? Normal
 printf output remains invisible, so DEBUG_STDIO doesn't work.
<<<

I use
# Useful while doing development, but not for production.
GCCWARN += -Wno-clobbered
#GCCWARN += -DDEBUG_MALLOC

# GCCWARN += -DDEBUG_PORT=0x3f8 -DCORE_DEBUG=1
GCCWARN += -DDEBUG_PORT=0x2f8 -DCORE_DEBUG=1
# GCCWARN += -DDEBUG_STDIO=1 -DCORE_DEBUG=1

GCCWARN += -DDYNAMIC_DEBUG

 If there is nothing yet, I think a wrapper around printf (and *prinf) is
 needed. This should [v]sprintf() to a buffer and then print the
 resulting buffer using APrint("%a", buffer) if EFI_BUILD is
 defined.
<<<
It sounds logical.

Best,