[syslinux] HP EFI binaries

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 11:38:35 PDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Derrick M <derrick.martinez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gene,
>

> Thanks for sending the binary. Looks like my DL160 G9 still gets stuck at
> syslinux.efi according to the TFTP logs. On the PXE menu I have My IP is
> 10.12.3.4
>
> Does the binary include the fix for multiple NICs? I assume yes since I have
> an address

Yes it does.

Let's start with some basics:

- What baseboard firmware version?  Is there a newer one available?

- Any chance of getting a dump of some EFI data, specifically the
GUID-Aliases list (which should be almost universal but good to
cross-reference) and a list of device handles?  The following should
work in your EFI shell, presuming you can extract data from fs0 (the
first mounted FAT* file system).

guid > fs0:\efi-guid.txt
dh > fs0:\efi-dh.txt
dh -p Net > fs0:\efi-dh-net.txt

In particular, I'm looking for where the Pxebc lives relative to
MNPSb/UDPv4Sb (Net is a common Simple Network Protocol alias).

--
-Gene