[syslinux] efi mboot xen linux problem

Hans de Bruin jmdebruin at xmsnet.nl
Wed Aug 19 05:20:51 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to get xen booted on a new mainboard I bought using
efi-syslinux/mboot. No success so far. When I choose the xen menu entry
except from some characters being wiped from the bottom of the screen
nothing is happening.

I have made a typo in the xen kernel filename. Nothing changed, no
errors about wrong a filename were displayed

Initially I compiled syslinux 6.03 (slackware64, gcc 4.8.2). After this
I used the efi64 files from a debian package
(syslinux-common_6.03+dfsg-10_all.deb)

Nothing changed.

It looks like the system stops after loading mboot.c32

grub.efi is able to boot the same xen and vmlinux files.

The bios:
Version 2.16.1243. Copyright (C) 2013 American Megatrends, Inc.
V.NF9N A01 10-24-2014

The console can be redirected/duplicated to a serial port.

--
Hans