[syslinux] Some patches from mageia

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:28:04 PST 2015

> Hi folks,
>
> As per Ady request (thanks for the reminder), I forgot to send the patches
> I run in Mageia.
>
> There is two of them :
>
> One is making errors in parsing modules.alias not fatal.
>
> The other one is adding an option to chain to avoid reading garbage on the
> command line.
> I had some issues with gfxboot and had to implement that. I know it's a
> workaround, I don't really get if that's useful for others. You can forget
> it if you consider it as too weird.
>
> You can get the two commits from my mageia_fixes branch here :
> https://github.com/ErwanAliasr1/syslinux/tree/mageia-fixes
>
> It's currently rebased on the current master.
>
> Cheers,
> Erwan

@Erwan, Thank you.

@All,

Considering that "master" moves...

Suggested Patch #1:

com32: Handle broken modules.alias

 github.com/ErwanAliasr1/syslinux/commit/5f0a74f978abfbc25482832812539057cb219915

Suggested Patch #2 / workaround hack:

Considering that gfxboot keeps its own (active) development independently of
Syslinux's, I hope Michal Soltys and perhaps also Steffen Winterfeldt will comment on
this "quick hack". There might be other / better ways(?); for instance, that
gfxboot.c32 would improve support for additional c32 modules such as chain.c32,
instead of making "quick hacks" to each individual c32 module as workarounds.

com32: Adding 'exit' entry in chain.c32
 (as a workaround for gfxboot compatibility)

 github.com/ErwanAliasr1/syslinux/commit/1ea6029d742259250bcf87f50f9bfd5c294ee1b6

Regards,
Ady.