[syslinux] Some patches from mageia

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 06:03:40 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Sebastian Herbszt <herbszt at gmx.de> wrote:
> Gene Cumm wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Erwan Velu via Syslinux
>> <syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > As per Ady request (thanks for the reminder), I forgot to send the patches
>> > I run in Mageia.
>> >
>> > There is two of them :
>> >
>> > One is making errors in parsing modules.alias not fatal.
>> >
>> > The other one is adding an option to chain to avoid reading garbage on the
>> > command line.
>> > I had some issues with gfxboot and had to implement that. I know it's a
>> > workaround, I don't really get if that's useful for others. You can forget
>> > it if you consider it as too weird.
>>
>> This almost sounds like a global APPEND was used.  Current Syslinux
>> should ignore the global APPEND for COM32 use but other config parsers
>> like (vesa)menu.c32 and gfxboot.c32 might not as they don't call by
>> LABEL but execute plain commands.
>
> How can I reproduce this issue?
>
> Sebastian

http://rpmfind.net/linux/mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
and http://rpmfind.net/linux/mageia/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
( http://distro.ibiblio.org/mageia/distrib/cauldron/ appears to be
another mirror) look clean from anything that should resemble a global
APPEND.

Using the files from the above directory, I see
"automatic=method:cdrom" appended as an extra argument.  Trimming
unnecessary files, I can get it to an ISO under 1 MiB (trim hdt.c32,
memtest, modules.*, *.ids, *.hlp ).

--
-Gene