[syslinux] Some patches from mageia

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:24:36 PST 2015

> Gene Cumm wrote:

> > > How can I reproduce this issue?
> > >
> > > Sebastian
> >
> > http://rpmfind.net/linux/mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
> > and http://rpmfind.net/linux/mageia/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
> > ( http://distro.ibiblio.org/mageia/distrib/cauldron/ appears to be
> > another mirror) look clean from anything that should resemble a global
> > APPEND.
> >
> > Using the files from the above directory, I see
> > "automatic=method:cdrom" appended as an extra argument.  Trimming
> > unnecessary files, I can get it to an ISO under 1 MiB (trim hdt.c32,
> > memtest, modules.*, *.ids, *.hlp ).
>
> I downloaded all files, created an iso and noticed it's crap.
> gfxboot starts but instead of back.jpg I just get a black background.
> I didn't check the pre-created isos but the bootlogo from the above
> mentioned isolinux directory is incomplete and does not contain all
> required files. So I grabbed mageia-gfxboot-theme-4.5.6.9-1.mga6.src.rpm,
> corrected IN_CPIO_INSTALL in the Makefile and created a proper bootlogo
> file with size of ~953k instead of ~337k. With that file I get a proper
> background and can't reproduce the original issue.
>
> Sebastian

The current chain.c32 file from Mageia is already patched. To be able
to replicate the issue, at least you would need chain.c32 v.6.03 prior
to the patch (e.g. the original v.6.03). Then the isolinux.cfg entry
should be:

label harddrive
com32 chain.c32 hd0

or:

label harddrive
com32 chain.c32
append hd0

(no "exit") as it used to be before the patch.

Regards,
Ady.