[syslinux] extlinux installer build failed

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 02:58:50 PST 2015

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm have a pure 64-bit system (Intel based). Due to that I can't use 32-bit ELF
> extlinux binary provided in the syslinux-6.03 package.
>
> Unfortunately building extlinux installer failed...
>
> See error below after these command:
> make bios clean
> make bios  (failed)

 (snip)

> Is it possible to compile extlinux with nasm-2.11.06 (get a patch) ?
>
> BR Alexey

Two issues:
_ nasm 2.11.6 will fail for Syslinux. nasm 2.11.5 used to work for
Syslinux (generally speaking, not specifically for your particular
case). Use nasm 2.11.7 or newer.

_ I doubt Syslinux can be successfully built in a "pure 64-bit" OS, but
I could be wrong. I have always seen some form of "multilib" or
"lib32-glibc" or similar as a dependency. If you succeed in building
Syslinux in a "pure 64-bit" OS, please let us know.

Regards,
Ady.