[syslinux] isohybrid and ISO images whose size is not a multiple of 2048 bytes vs. VirtualBox

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Feb 20 10:04:04 PST 2015

Hi,

Didier Spaier wrote:
> Once testing will have been performed, could a patch be provided
> against the code in release 6.03 [...] ?

Shall we count this as a vote in favor of hardcoded
--big-align ?

If you have a source code installation of SYSLINUX,
then try to apply the patch and test.
It is small enough to be done by hand resp. copy+paste,
if necessary.
The code snippet where it gets inserted looks similar than
the one in the old Perl script. So it should be to find
in all versions.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas