[syslinux] Menu too quick

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Sun Feb 22 13:14:18 PST 2015

"Bradley, Mike" <mike_bradley at mentor.com> writes:

> From: Ferenc Wagner [mailto:wferi at niif.hu]
>
>> "Bradley, Mike via Syslinux" <syslinux at zytor.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm trying to add a boot image to syslinux.  It errors out, but the
>>> menu quickly comes back to cover the message(s).
>>>
>>> I'm running syslinux under QEMU/KVM.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to see the messages?
>>
>> Exit the menu with ESC and invoke the label at the boot: prompt.
>
> I did try that, but then after the boot fails, the menu is displayed
> ... again...

I tested this under 6.03+some patches with the following config:

UI menu.c32
TIMEOUT 100

LABEL single
  KERNEL blah

LABEL other
  KERNEL foo

After typing in either label, the error message is displayed and I get
back the boot: prompt.  The menu system is not restarted.  I recommend
you start from here.
--
Good luck,
Feri.