[syslinux] updating the wiki

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Fri Jan 2 13:08:58 PST 2015

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 11:31:51AM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 10:16:10AM +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, Gene Cumm wrote:
> >
> > > If so: http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Mboot.c32
> >
> > I???m not permitted to edit either that page or its talk page.
> > Do I submit the content addition here, then?
>
> Euh, yes, that is an option.
>

> Hereby I volunteer for updating the wiki with updates
> that get to this mailinglist.

The procedure in http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2014-December/022903.html
 * register wiki user
 * name your wiki account and ask for edit permission
 * edit the wiki your self
worked better. Use that approach.

> This should allow other people in the Syslinux project
> to make the Syslinux wiki a wiki that resists spam.

A mediawiki that I co-maintain has
 require_once "$IP/extensions/ConfirmEdit/Asirra.php";
in LocalSettings.php

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--