[syslinux] PXE Booting EFI

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 12:09:12 PST 2015

> EFI has proven to be more robust.  The catch
> here is order.  The
> ProxyOffer data must
> take precedence over the PxeReply data but both
> of them probably need to be parsed.

Not really; If you parse both "next server" from the
last parsed packet (PxeReply) will overwrite
the value gathered from the ProxyOffer and that leads
to "Nest-server"= DHCP Server IP (wrong)

Fore some reason I think there might be also a bug on EFI firmware code:
If the DHCP server provides an answer with "next server" populated
but no file field populated nor the corresponding option either that's not
a PxeReply then that structure should be empty...
Reading the standard does not say much about how/when these structures
really get populated.

Best,
Patrick