[syslinux] DMARC test (request)

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 02:44:47 PST 2015

> >I wonder (please forgive my ignorance), whether there would be any
> >change/improvement if the "Reply-To:" and "CC:" fields would be
> >interchanged (back) from the current behavior (since March 2014 or so,
> >http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2014-March/021895.html ). Perhaps
> >Hotmail (and family) would accept these (Yahoo-originated) messages
> >then?
>
> AFAIK if the list sends" its e-mails from its own domain from its own e-mail address
> the problem would be solved
>
> Please read here:
> "I operate a mailing list and I want to interoperate with DMARC, what should I do?"
> http://www.dmarc.org/faq.html#s_3
>
> There are several options; yours would be:
> "3- Take ownership of the email message by changing the RFC5322.From address to one in the
> mailing list's domain (user at example.com => address at mailinglistdomain.com),
> and adding a DKIM signature for that domain."
>
> Best,
> Patrick

The alternative of changing the "From:" field has been already
mentioned, several times. We are trying to avoid such change. As
already said, some frequent participants (plural) in this mailing list
would rather avoid such change. I think some personal preferences were
already mentioned, several times already.

"We" should try to accommodate to Yahoo's policy while not making the
rest of this mailing list user's experience harder - of course, it
depends on each user's personal preference - specially for frequent
participants.

I am really hoping that I am not opening yet again a useless
discussion, as it is not at all the intention of this email.

The intention of this email is to report that, again, the email I am
"replying" to (which originally was sent from a Yahoo email address)
has not arrived to my email account through the Syslinux Mailing List.
I don't know whether this (public) report is worth/necessary.

@Geert,
 The "From:" field is now showing "<Original_Sender> via Syslinux".
Personally, I don't have a problem with this naming style, and I can
think of some situations where this naming could be useful.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to completely solve the problem of some
emails (at least those from Yahoo) not arriving to some subscribers (at
least to Hotmail and its family).

I don't know whether this naming style has any effect on Gmail
recipients (as they were getting the emails originally sent to the
mailing list from Yahoo addresses, but into the trash/spam box).

Thank you and Regards,
Ady.