[syslinux] UEFI/EFI booting and constantly asking for ldlinux.e64

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:58:46 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Nelson, Ryan M. (ARC-TI)[SGT, INC]
via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> I'm setting up UEFI booting and got to the point of having the system talk
> to the dhcpd/tftpd server, grab the first image files (syslinux.efi) and
> then continuously request the secondary image file (ldlinux.e64).

So it appears to go deaf.

> I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if someone can point me in the
> right direction of trouble shooting this.

1) What version? In the 8 months since 6.03, there have been numerous
commits that might resolve this.  Let me know if you need a set of
test binaries.

2) What's the system?  The sole system I have confirmation of a
remaining EFI64 issue is a VMware VM with the e1000e NIC, in fact with
similar symptoms.

> The tftp root has all the files to boot a BIOS type system with syslinux
> menu system setup.   Then I copied the files from a syslinux tar ball for
> EFI/UEFI booting.

Sounds good here.

--
-Gene