[syslinux] boot... round 2

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:28:22 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 10:14 AM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01.07.2015 12:10, Gene Cumm wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 4:35 AM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> To remind you once again.
>>> ISOLINUX >= 6.00 built with GCC >= 5.0.0 causes a broken boot.
>>> This relates specifically to the use of the vesamenu.c32,
>>> menu.c32 works without problemos.
>>
>> isolinux-debug.bin is not for diagnosing issues with *menu.c32.  Let's
>> start over since your problem statement has a bit of confusion.
>>
>> 1) You never said if you saw tests to get just the core (isolinux.bin
>> and ldlinux.c32) loaded.  Did you try my simple config?
>>

>> #syslinux.cfg-begin
>> DEFAULT linux
>> PROMPT 1
>>
>> LABEL linux
>>   LINUX vmlinuz
>>   APPEND initrd=myinitrd.cgz my-options
>> #syslinux.cfg-end
>>

> PASSED
>

>> 2) If that passes, the core is OK and let's look at loading simple
>> COM32s like ls.c32.  Does ls.c32 work?
>>

> PASSED
>
>> 3) If that passes, reading the file system and loading linked
>> libraries are OK.  Next, from a "boot: " prompt with the simple
>> config, execute "menu.c32" or "vesamenu.c32"
>>

> PASSED -and- PASSED
>
> Patch, pack and drive!
> syslinux-6.04-pre1

1) Does this mean my simple config with menu.c32 and vesamenu.c32 passes?

2) Do you still have an issue with your previous config?  If so, have
you reviewed it to ensure it's syntax looks good?  If you're still
having issues, could you attach the config file (and any additional
config files like those in INCLUDEs and MENU INCLUDEs)?

--
-Gene