[syslinux] UEFI/EFI booting and constantly asking for ldlinux.e64

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 03:42:21 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Nelson, Ryan M. (ARC-TI)[SGT, INC] via
Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:

> On 7/1/2015 3:04 PM, Nelson, Ryan M. (ARC-TI)[SGT, INC] via Syslinux wrote:
>>
>> I've replaced the files from ones grabbed from GIT and now the boot fails
>> quickly stating:
>>
>> --snip console--
>> Boot Failed: PXE Device 3: Integrated NIC 1 Port 1 Partition 1
>> --end console--
>

> For troubleshooting I put a Netgear switch in place and connected all
> network connections to the same network and enabled all NICs for UEFI PXE
> boot.  Still same problem but 4 x now ;)
>
> Is there any debugging options I can enable for spitting out more info and
> try to determine where in the code the boot is dying at?

This has me thinking your build system has a negative interaction.
There should be at least 2 lines of output prior to loading
ldlinux.e64.  gcc less than 4.7 is one problem for the EFI binaries.

I've privately sent you test binaries.

--
-Gene