[syslinux] boot... round 2

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 04:57:12 PDT 2015

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 12:50 AM, poma via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
>
> > - "unsigned char c;" does not solve the problem
> >
> > - "c >= 0 && c <= ' '" solves the problem for the current git
>
> Could you try the following patch?  Feel free to only apply the change
> to readconfig.c if you want.
>
> --
> -Gene

I really don't understand; my apologies.

There might be some potential improvement to the SYSAPPEND directive; fine. How is
that an explanation to vesamenu.c32 failing, whereas menu.c32 and the CLI have no
problems? And why would we assume that the problem in Fedora is related to the
SYSAPPEND directive when Adam is having *success* with the current upstream git
head?

If there is some potential improvement in the code, that's great. I just fail to
see the logic relating the original problematic behavior experienced by Adam in
Fedora Rawhide (pre-F23) with the code for one directive working correctly in CLI
and menu.c32 but failing with vesamenu.c32 (I am *not* talking about the code nor
the patch themselves).

TIA,
Ady.