[syslinux] Measuring boot time

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:45:39 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Tal Lubko via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I'd like to know what's the best way to measure syslinux functions duration.I know how to measure overall time (from syslinux start), but is there an easy way to break it down?

What do you mean?  How long it takes to load individual files along
the way from initial start to the kernel handoff?  cptime.c32 might
offer a way to get some answers there.

Do you mean how long individual function calls take?  That sounds like
a non-trivial question if this is the case.

--
-Gene