[syslinux] boot... round 2

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Jul 8 01:31:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

William Kennington wrote:
> https://github.com/triton/nixpkgs/commit/06e146b2ce5eaaa54ebea061dd5797f89ae2c37c
> pkgs/os-specific/linux/syslinux/gcc5-fix.patch

To be exacting: This code change is not os-specific.
It protects non-ASCII characters from being regarded as
whitespace.

The entanglement with the (linux-specific ?) gcc5 problem
appears more and more incidential.
Adam Williamson reports success with gcc5 and newest SYSLINUX.
poma reports success with gcc5 and old (unintentional)
preservation of whitespace.

Do i get it right that gcc5 compiled binaries don't work
for you in both source code variants ?

Do gcc4 and gcc5 make any difference for xorriso ?
(Does a gcc5 compiled xorriso create a working ISO
 with gcc4 compiled SYSLINUX/ISOLINUX files ?)

I have some questions about nixos-minimal-new-kernel-gcc5-x86_64-linux.iso
which are not related to this thread. I'll write a private
mail to you.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas