[syslinux] EFI: PXE: "My IP is 0.0.0.0"

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:23:24 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 5:30 AM, Patrick Masotta <masottaus at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Case #1 is really a problem; the only alternative would be implementing SNP but as I've
>> mentioned before this approach also has its issues...
>> I also wonder if UEFI firmware w/o SB protocols is really UEFI compliant...
>> i.e the Elitebook 8460p is an early 2011 model that probably should receive a firmware update
>> including the missing SB protocols...
>
> What firmware version is loaded?  Available?

Oh how fun.  UEFI Specifications version 2.0 states "An
EFI_PXE_BASE_CODE_PROTOCOL will be layered on top of an
EFI_SIMPLE_NETWORK_PROTOCOL protocol in order to perform packet level
transactions." while version 2.1 states "An EFI_PXE_BASE_CODE_PROTOCOL
will be layered on top of an EFI_MANAGED_NETWORK_PROTOCOL protocol in
order to perform packet level transactions."

--
-Gene