[syslinux] EXTLINUX - GCC 5

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 04:59:57 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Thomas Schmitt via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gene Cumm wrote:
>> > 3) It feels like this is a moving target where gcc keeps changing and
>> > different results get reported.
>
> Do we have indications that different versions of gcc5
> cause different behavior on the same build and boot machines ?

William Kennington's report is definitely different than poma's
original report.  poma's original report would certainly be
machine-specific.  poma's original report that effectively skipping
the skip space code resolved the issue while later reports that seemed
to indicate poma couldn't recreate the issue leads me to believe
there's something else changing.

William's report indicated "5.2-rc".

--
-Gene