[syslinux] boot... round 2

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 05:58:19 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:57 PM, William Kennington via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> Still not working with gcc5.2 rc

core/fs/diskio_bios.c:395 contains pm_fs_init() which I believe is the
first protected-mode code.

void pm_fs_init(com32sys_t *regs)
{
    static struct bios_disk_private priv;

    writechr('^');
    priv.regs = regs;
    fs_init((const struct fs_ops **)regs->eax.l, (void *)&priv);
}

With the above, I see the caret.

The call to this function in ISOLINUX is in core/isolinux.asm:1163

.common:
            mov ecx,[Hidden]
            mov ebx,[Hidden+4]
                mov si,[bsHeads]
        mov di,[bsSecPerTrack]
        push ax
        mov al,'$'
        call writechr
        pop ax
        pm_call pm_fs_init

With the above, I see the dollar sign then the caret (it also appears
to need some indentation corrections).

William, the above two simple changes may shed a glimmer of light on
what's going on.

--
-Gene