[syslinux] EFI: PXE: "My IP is 0.0.0.0"

S. Schauenburg s.schauenburg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:32:20 PDT 2015

Hey everyone,

sorry for the delay in replying. First off, thanks for all the help, effort
and support so far!

== build ==
I built and used syslinux from https://github.com/ppatpat/syslinux (latest
commit 43f5efa2db4a7880c7a2c6485d8fd8a64f0f33c3).

On top of that I had to patch main.c. This had to be done to mitigate the
following error when trying to 'make all':
main.c:(.text+0x3b9): undefined reference to `BSWAP_64'

More specifically I made this change:
diff  ../syslinux_ppatpat_orig/efi/main.c efi/main.c
13a14
> #include <byteswap.h>
178c179
<
BSWAP_64(*(uint64_t*)&bguid->Data4),
---

This build of syslinux works on my HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 server while
netbooting from nic1 (not nic0) :-)

== output booting pxe ==
Don't know if it is useful, but I saw this output when booting from pxe
over IPv4:
  NBP file downloaded successfully.
Booting from:
Acpi(PNP0A3,0)/Pci(1C|4)/Pci(0|1)/Mac(XXXXXXXXXXXX)/IPv4(not-done)
Getting cached packet

== output page-fault ==
Sometimes (rarely) I get a Page-Fault Exception (red text). I haven't been
able to track this issue down. Might be unrelated, but wanted to post it
for completeness.
X64 Exception Type 0E - Page-Fault Exception
CALL ImageBase        ImageName+Offset
00h  0000000077283000 No Image Information

Best regards,

Sebastian