[syslinux] boot... round 2

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 22:07:07 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 3:23 AM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14.07.2015 01:31, Gene Cumm wrote:

>>> I guess, actually it does support hybrid booting.
>>
>> So it's hybridized.  Could you test without the hybridization?  Could
>> you post or privately email me core/isolinux.bin as built in the
>> source tree and before being used in an image and its ldlinux.c32?
>>

> Vulgaris "make bios" & "rpmbuild" builds.

Although it appears unaffected by hybridization, it's still something to check.

I started reading over my recent build of bios/core/isolinux.lst
(which should reflect how the ASM of isolinux.bin looks in RAM), I
found there's a bunch of protected mode calls before this.
isolinux.asm:1119:init.inc:32 "pm_call pm_decompress" should be the
first.  A similar push/mov/call/pop should help.

--
-Gene